NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
From Sydney Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
From Sydney Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
From Sydney Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
From Sydney Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
From Sydney Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
From Sydney Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
From Sydney Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
From Sydney Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
From Sydney Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
From Sydney Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

From Sydney

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin S

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-05-06
Male

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 09:19

Hey there everyone,
I am new to Sydney so thought of joining a few forums to get acquainted with peeps around. I have been riding for the past 20 years, mostly overseas and i just bought a bike here in Sydney. I ride everyday to work but would love to go on rides for fun and leisure whenever it's possible.  Smile 
Back to top Go down

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 10:03

Welcome Kevin.
You'll meet some great people on here  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Kevin S

Male

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 11:12

Hey there Charlie,
Thanks for the reply. I hope to meet some great people here. I ride just a small bike but it's great in fuel efficiency and gets me from one place to another so it's alright.  Smile 
What bike do you ride?
Back to top Go down

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 11:19

We have many different sorts of rides and many are lunch rides, so size doesn't matter and all types of riders are catered for.
My wife and I have just sold our Triumph Cruiser and now ride a BMW GS.
Keep an eye out on the forum, because sooner or later you'll find a ride that will suit you.
Wherever there's food involved, you'll usually find us  pig 
Back to top Go down
Kevin S

Male

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 12:09

That's cool mate. Thanks for the info.
You have a great bike. I hope to ride a big bike someday. Maybe in a year's time. Looking to get a honda. I have been riding hondas most of the time and i find they are just unbreakable. But see how it goes in a year's time.  Smile 
I love food as well.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin
Ed

Number of posts : 6600
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 13:46

Welcome Kevin, visit the 'past rides' section for an idea what we have done in the past. If you have questions, just ask. People here will be happy to help.

What area are you from?
Back to top Go down
Kevin S

Male

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 14:17

Hey there Ed,
Thanks for the info. I am from Malaysia. Just moved here last september and am living in Parramatta. I have been riding practically my whole life back in my home country. So that's why i bought a bike over here as well. I prefer riding than driving anytime. But i noticed one thing over here, bikers are very less. From my house to my work place, i notice only 4 to 5 bikes everyday and some days not at all. Maybe we need campaigns to promote the positive side of riding. Smile
Back to top Go down

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 15:37

Hi Kevin,
My partner is from Malaysia [KL] & we go over 1-2 times a year . Your right you hardly see many bikes here but over there as you very well know there are many bikes zipping in & out of traffic.
I've never been game to ride in KL as it's just to much chaos for me but i have toured the north of Malaysia by bike.

Ooh welcome to Sydney & the forum !!!
Back to top Go down
Kevin S

Male

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 15:53

Hey there Joe,
That makes you half Malaysian...cool! Yeah we have so many bikes and bikers there and there"s some sort of understanding between drivers and riders. We respect and give way to each other. There's so much of traffic in KL, at peak hours its difficult to move if you're driving so it's a blessing to ride in all that traffic.  Smile My hometown is in the north of Malaysia. An island called Penang. It's a tourist destination and haven for food. Did you rent a bike for your touring? What bike did you ride on?
Back to top Go down

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 16:39

As an outsider KL traffic is like 24 hr peak i think. Penang has the best food in Malaysia & i always put on a few kgs when i'm there...LOL .
Bike tour was a few years ago and was arranged with a tour company,we used Kawasaki 600cc bikes.
My partner & her family all live in guarded units in Cheras which took me by surprise at first.Lots of robberies in that area i was told.
Have you been to Megamall at Mid-valley? Very good Abalone noodle there...YUM !! damm thinking of food again...LOL.
Back to top Go down
Kevin S

Male

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeWed May 07 2014, 10:14

Yeah that is true. The traffic is madness for an outsider but for locals, we get our riding skills from all that traffic madness.  Laughing Yeah Penang is the best place to be in Malaysia. Food is available 24 hours and all we do in our spare time there is eat. I have lost a lot of weight since i moved here to Sydney.  Laughing Mid Valley Megamall is my spot to chill and catching up with movies at the cinema. It's a lovely place. I will have to try the abalone noodle when i am there the next. I will be making a trip back in July. When is your next trip?
Back to top Go down

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeWed May 07 2014, 11:38

Next planned trip is CNY 2015 ,good time to go as her Mother makes so much food that i nearly burst...LOL..still wont eat Sea cucumber though..yuk!!
Only problem is airfares are much more expensive that time of year but still reasonable if taking AA.
Few years time we will most likely retire to Malaysia as it's very cheap living there.
Only the heat & humidity all year round is a bit of a put off.
Back to top Go down
Kevin S

Male

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitimeWed May 14 2014, 13:28

Guest wrote:
Next planned trip is CNY 2015 ,good time to go as her Mother makes so much food that i nearly burst...LOL..still wont eat Sea cucumber though..yuk!!
Only problem is airfares are much more expensive that time of year but still reasonable if taking AA.
Few years time we will most likely retire to Malaysia as it's very cheap living there.
Only the heat & humidity all year round is a bit of a put off.  

Sea cucumber...mmmmm yummy! lol. Food is one the specialties in Malaysia. And it's quite cheap if you know the right places to go. Normally on festive seasons the tickets are expensive but yeah the deals from AA is quite good especially if bought a few months earlier. I might do the same mate. Just enjoy the good life after retirement. My wife is against it so let's see how it goes. LOL. Going riding anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Sydney   From Sydney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Sydney
Page 1 of 1