NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

New to Sydney, no bike yet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kurviger

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-08-04
Male

New to Sydney, no bike yet Empty
PostSubject: New to Sydney, no bike yet   New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 16:17

Hi guys,

I am quite new to Sydney. I moved recently (ok it's a couple of months now... Very Happy) from Germany to Sydney. Unfortunately, I haven't found a bike yet. Back in Germany I was riding a BMW R1100S, but I think I am more looking into a dirt-bike in OZ. I am spoiled with awesome roads, however there is no real offroading in Germany, so I reckon off-roading would be good fun in the area.

BTW: If anyone is eager to get rid of a 250-500 ccm dirt-bike, I might be able to take that burden of your shoulders.

In my "Spare Time", I am working on a motorcycle route planner, called Kurviger (German for "more curvy"), which prefers curvy roads and slopes, while avoiding highways and cities. Tested a couple of routes using the car. The results look quite good in Australia as well, even though it is mostly trained on German roads. However, feedback from local riders is always welcome. BTW: there is also an Android app and an iOS app (scenic app) available.

See you on the road,
Robin
Back to top Go down
https://kurviger.de/en
gdayjr

gdayjr

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2013-04-07
Male

PostSubject: Re: New to Sydney, no bike yet   New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 19:11

Hi Robin.
Welcome to Sydney.

What part of Sydney are you living in? it's a big city.

There are plenty of off road routes, and plenty of people in here that can guide you in the right direction, a bit like your app i suppose.

I ride a BMW, in fact my last 4 bikes have been R1200 Gs models.
I am heading out for the week end with another guy from this site tomorrow morning, but i look forward to catching up with you soon.

Very Happy Laughing

Back to top Go down
kurviger

Male

PostSubject: Re: New to Sydney, no bike yet   New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 10:35

Hi Graham,

thanks for the warm welcome Smile. I live kinda close to St. Leonards. Getting out of the city is always a bit far, but it works out Smile. The pacific highway is just crammed, especially on the weekend, everyone else seems to have the same idea to flee the city.

> There are plenty of off road routes, and plenty of people in here that can guide you in the right direction, a bit like your app i suppose.

That would be great Smile. As I said, I don't have a bike yet, so I should probably first try to get one. I heard that there would be plenty of fire trails in the blue mountains and also up towards Wollemi NP. Some guidance would be certainly good though.

The GS is an awesome bike. Rode it a couple times (the old non-water cooled) and it was good fun. Enjoy the weekend and have a nice ride Smile.

Best,
Robin
Back to top Go down
gdayjr

gdayjr

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2013-04-07
Male

PostSubject: Re: New to Sydney, no bike yet   New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 21:52

I get out to the Watagans National Park as often as i can. Look it up on google maps

Have a look at the facebook page Sydney Adventure Riders, a few of us have had rides with them, and are also members.
Back to top Go down
kurviger

Male

PostSubject: Re: New to Sydney, no bike yet   New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31

Thanks for the tips. Watagans NP looks awesome and is not too far. I might even go there by car as long as I don't got a bike Smile.

Best,
Robin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Sydney, no bike yet   New to Sydney, no bike yet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Sydney, no bike yet
Page 1 of 1