NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil

Go down 
+33
zoidberg
justin_es
Ronin8
gdayjr
Pete
StuartXTZ
BOB88R
fudomyoo
Medic!akarandall
mickrehbach
chappo7
12gauge
jd
Howie
deets
TReynolds
Mick On R1
cookie boy
gixer04
Faith13
MoNo_MaN
b1b2
Swinnie
MENACE
Adam
RossT
haggis
coda
CybaGirl™
nitronaf
Kris
JJW
Ed
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Ed
Admin
Ed

Number of posts : 6600
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 29 2010, 19:08

First topic message reminder :

Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Image002
RossT, a member of NSWR, is associated with Gulf Western Oil at St Marys. Gulf Western Oil have created a group account for NSW Riders members only. Members may purchase a range of quality motorcycle oils at prices less that we can otherwise get from general retailers. More importantly, the oils are deemed better than what is generally available.

N.B. Gulf Western Oil has moved from Penrith to St Marys. New address is shown below.

Ross previously gave a presentation to a group of NSWR members. The pictures taken appear below.

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/Fasteddie57/Saturday29thMay2010GulfWesternOilVisit#

If you would like to purchase oils, please contact Ross/Gulf Western at the following. Mention that you are from NSW Riders. Delivery can be arranged where sufficient quantities are purchased. Delivery costs apply.

http://www.gulfwestern.com.au

New Address:

92 Links Road, St Marys.
Phone 02 9673 9600

sales@gulfwestern.com.au

Last edited by Ed on Tue Feb 04 2014, 21:36; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RossT

RossT

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2009-08-29
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2015, 07:06

Thanks for the report Kurt.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin
Ed

Number of posts : 6600
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02 2015, 08:38

Bought another 20 litres of Gulf Western protecta ultra oil yesterday. JD joined me on a great trip on a sunny day to GW. If you are heading that way, there is a great café (LHS) about 500 metres before GW.
Back to top Go down
gdayjr

gdayjr

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2013-04-07
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14 2016, 12:02

SYN-X 6000 5W-40 API SN/CF

Ross, does this come in 20 lt drums?

Any idea what the 4lt packs are worth?
Back to top Go down
RossT

RossT

Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14 2016, 21:30

All our products come in 20l containers. We don't pack S6000 in 4s only in 5s.
Back to top Go down
gdayjr

gdayjr

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2013-04-07
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15 2016, 07:53

Thanks. I will ring the sales line.
Back to top Go down
JourneyMan

JourneyMan

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-01-22
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 15 2016, 15:53

Hi Ross,

First of all, Thank you - again !!

Purchased 5L of GW 5w40 SYN - X 6000 for the Triumph as recommended by your crew at St Mary's a week or two ago. Really helpful and easy to deal with.

Can you advise, as it's running MOTUL 4T 3100 GOLD 15W50 TECHNOSYNTHESE at the moment (not sure if this is Semi or Full Synthetic) and I'm now putting in a different oil, is there anything I should be aware of with this change ?

Normal oil change would be to warm the engine, drop the oil, change the filter and add the new oil. I'm just wondering if there is any concern mixing the new oil with the residue of the old ?

Regards

Bernie
Back to top Go down
RossT

RossT

Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 16 2016, 07:49

Bernie,

Just drain it hot and let it drip for a fair while and change the filter.
Back to top Go down
JourneyMan

JourneyMan

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-01-22
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 16 2016, 18:39

Cheers Ross.
Back to top Go down
steveb

steveb

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-03-29
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2016, 14:26

Hi Ross - i have a question - a few years ago i bought two 20 drums and i have used one - the other was taken elsewhere just after i got it, and hasn't been used for a variety of reasons - never been opened. So the question is - does oil go 'off' or can i use it?
Back to top Go down
RossT

RossT

Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2016, 14:33

If the container was fully sealed and providing no moisture or dust was able to enter the container it should be ok. Otherwise use it in a low stress application.
Back to top Go down
steveb

steveb

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-03-29
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2016, 08:34

ok thanks Ross
Back to top Go down
BOB88R

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-08-22
Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 01:44

Hi Ross,

I had previously used GW Oil in my previous Yammie and my cars, and I loved it.

For my 2014 BMW F800GT - what oil do you recommend? BMW Motorrad recommends SAE 15W-50, API SJ / JASO MA2]. BMW Motorrad also recommends not using oil additives, because they can have a detrimental effect on clutch operation.

Mileage is currently ~43,000kms.

Current Engine Oil used is Shell Advance 15W50, and prior is Ipone Katana Syn 15W50. Both serviced at Bike dealer, during warranty period.

Back to top Go down
RossT

RossT

Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 10:19

Protecta Ultra 15W50 Semi Synthetic.

Oil additives often contain chemistry which is incompatible with your oil. Just use a high quality engine oil in the first place.
Back to top Go down
BOB88R

Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 15:25

Thanks Ross for the quick response.
Back to top Go down
BOB88R

Male

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37

Looking forward for changing the OIL...

Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 20170710
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil   Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8