NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Howdy =)

Go down 
+9
CybaGirl™
starkravinglunatic
MoNo_MaN
scott
MENACE
b1b2
Kawa Ken
Ed
Manky
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Manky

Manky

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-09-07
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 07:20

First topic message reminder :

So I signed up to the Bathurst run via Facebook and figured I should come and check out where the event originated from and see who else will be on the ride Smile

Howdy all cheers
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kawa Ken

Kawa Ken

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-05
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 20:34

And SRL wades in! Good on you mate, well done.
Back to top Go down
CybaGirl™

CybaGirl™

Number of posts : 1405
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Female

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 21:07

Manky wrote:
I should also add that it's one sexy bike and the sound of a triple can't be beaten Wink

HAHA now I have you beaten Razz.

Was waiting for someone to mention this.

Listen to the awesomeness of a real ZX6R and weep my dear Trumpy friend Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_razz ....

Just so that no one can say I'm not a fair person or that I'm biased in anyway Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_razz . Here is Trumpy's best effort. Sort of close but no cigar and a long way to go still! As you don't get that awesome deep growl or backlash that you get from the mighty ZX-6R.

Howdy =) - Page 3 Victory
Back to top Go down
http://www.kawariders.com.au
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 22:32

I have the Jardine and it sounds way better than in that video Smile

At the end of the day we all like what we like and love what we ride. Personally I rather like the ZX-6R, it's probably the second best looking bike in it's class Razz
Back to top Go down
CybaGirl™

CybaGirl™

Female

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 22:50

Yeah but it's so much more fun arguing about it Razz ....

Howdy =) - Page 3 Grouphug
Back to top Go down
starkravinglunatic

starkravinglunatic

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-06-19
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 23:03

I cannot resist this one!

Howdy =) - Page 3 711119770332_l
Back to top Go down
http://www.starkravinglunatic.info
CybaGirl™

CybaGirl™

Female

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 23:07

Oi none of that SRL!

Otherwise I'm going to have start posting up some Suzuki home truths!
Back to top Go down
starkravinglunatic

starkravinglunatic

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 23:16

Do you mean like this?

The Suzuki musical instruments have some class!

Howdy =) - Page 3 Suzuki
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 23:19

Such a musical lot ... the only thing missing is one of these

Howdy =) - Page 3 Yamaha-piano-1
Back to top Go down
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Number of posts : 3538
Registration date : 2009-03-02
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 23:42

I honestly prefer the daytona with a stock pipe to your zx6 Erica. The exhaust note on your zx6 is great, one of the best I've heard. But the induction noise from the daytona engine at full throttle is unbeatable (IMO) and a loud pipe would just cover up that noise.

I also like the way the daytona idles when its warm. The Tripple cylinder engine gives a kinda rough sounding idle, but in a good way. It sounds like it can barely contain itself sort of thing. . hard to put words to it.

To add to the pics, here is a new honda dealer that opened up in rouse hill recently:

Howdy =) - Page 3 29082010

They do make good lawn mowers. . . can't deny that Howdy =) - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin
Ed

Number of posts : 6600
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 23:49

Welcome to the site manky.
Back to top Go down
scott

scott

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-09-17
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 08:10

what jap crap competes with this though

Howdy =) - Page 3 2010-t11

Howdy =) - Page 3 Rocket10
Back to top Go down
RichieRich

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-02
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 09:28

MoNo_MaN wrote:

I also like the way the daytona idles when its warm. The Tripple cylinder engine gives a kinda rough sounding idle, but in a good way. It sounds like it can barely contain itself sort of thing. . hard to put words to it.

Totally agree.

My Street Triple R with the K&N filter sounds awesome thru the induction........

Scotty ... Rocket looks tuff as.! Maybe post youtube vid where the rocket and the Hyabusa are side by side.! lol

Richie

Last edited by RichieRich on Fri Sep 10 2010, 15:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kawa Ken

Kawa Ken

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-05
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 10:21

As much fun as it has been toing and froing taking the mickey out of each others "Brand" of bike it has all been in jest. I now have to say something that may ruffle a few feathers and for that I offer no apologies.

The idea of a Triumph only ride or any other type of exclusive ride hosted by NSW Riders is something that I reckon the site is not about. Let me explain.

When I got back on a bike again I searched around the web looking for like minded people. I joined a few sites but found they were either net warriors that don't really offer rides or that they were very hard to "break" into. Then I found NSW Riders and from my first post and my first ride I was welcomed.

All rides posted here are open to everybody, the details are up there and the individual can make up their own mind whether they want to go, I for one know that when the "Putty" boys were playing every weekend I opted out because I knew my skills were not up to it and I didn't want to spoil the party for the hard chargers.

To have my mind made up for me by the organiser of a ride because of the type of bike I ride smacks of elitism and I take offence to it. Like I said in my Brand Loyalty thread, I am a Ford/FPV and Kwaka man through and through but I will and do ogle well presented Holden/HSV and anything on two wheels. If I want to just ride with Kawasakis then I'll do a ride with Kawa Riders.

Let's leave NSW Riders as it is, a place where although we can jest and take the pi$# out of each other but always join together and enjoy each other's company and bikes on every ride posted here if we choose to do so.

Ed and Kris, sorry if this is not the time or place, feel free to delete my post if you so desire.

Ken
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 10:30

That's fair enough Ken, personally I have always ridden with whoever was up to it and our main riding group usually consists of a couple of daytonas, a zx10 and and an R1.

I certainly wouldn't want to exclude anyone from a ride based on the bike they are on.
Back to top Go down
scott

scott

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-09-17
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 10:31

Maaaaaaate take a chill pill. When i post the ride soon of course ALL are welcome but it will be cool to have all the triumphs that people have on this forum to be there.

Well if team green is there it they be greener with envy with all the triumphs there anyway
Back to top Go down
RossT

RossT

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2009-08-29
Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 17:28

Hey Mono....you mean the best thing about the note from a Daytona is the induction noise?

Is that an admission on your part that Triumphs really suck?? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gulfwestern.com.au
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 17:35

Wellllll. . . .the induction noise is F*&^ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

So if thats what I meant the other features of the bike still have room to make it the best on the market Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_wink

I prefer the exhaust note of Erica's zx6r over the exhaust note of my the daytona, but prefer the induction/engine noise of the daytona over the induction/engine noise of the zx6r (or any other bikes i've heard).

And from the perspective of noise in general, prefer the daytona's induction noise.
Back to top Go down
CybaGirl™

CybaGirl™

Female

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 17:57

As for induction noise. Not that I have ever ridden one. But I have read on many forums and websites that the Kawasaki ZX7R with the twin snorkels was suppose to be the best in it's day.

Does anyone know how this compares to the Daytona? As it would be interesting to know. Maybe I should have taken the one BikeBiz had for sale when I had the chance.

As I have always wondered what it would be like to ride this beast of a bike and I can always remember wanting one ever since I can remember!

Furthermore Dorothy and I would only be to happy to attend an all Trumpy ride. As I think it's safe to say. On every single NSW Riders ride Dorothy and I have been on. She always seem to get the most amount of people gathering around to admire her and ask me lots of questions.

Even a ride down the local street seems to generate this same kind of interest. I must admit though. Sometimes it is embarrassing. But none the less it's an awesome feeling.

So rest assured she is never green with envy! If the truth is to be known it's the Trumpies who are green with envy. Maybe that is why some of their new models are starting to come out in British Racing Green Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_razz ....
Back to top Go down
RossT

RossT

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 18:33

We've got a blown ex drag car that one of my reps uses for promotions at Autobarn / Auto One stores etc and often gets involved in "sound offs"

This is where all the duff duffs crank up their amps and the crowd votes on the best sound in combination with readings from a db meter....we usually win the db competition at about 150+ db.

Maybe we should hold a bike sound off to really determine the best exhaust note? Very Happy

By the way Mono it still seems that you are saying that Triumphs really suck. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
starkravinglunatic

starkravinglunatic

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 19:01

Who cares what the title of the ride is if it meets at a convenient place and heads in an appealing direction it will attract riders from the forum.

Is it just Noise polition or do you honestly beleive that it is a saftey issue, you need the noise to alert other road users (within three or four city blocks) that you are on the road, right?

CG,

Bring on the Suzuki bashing, I have NO brand loyalty it is just a bike that I find comfortable to ride and maintain. My first bike was a 1980 Honda H100 2 stroke that I still have but the engine is seized. You are welcome to bash the Honda brand too.

What we really should do is arange a SHOW AND SHINE gathering for the members of the forum. It may be worthwhile to make sure we plan it far enough ahead to allow people to shine their bikes and pretty them up a little too.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make it a christmas party ride?

Back to top Go down
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 19:58

RossT wrote:

Maybe we should hold a bike sound off to really determine the best exhaust note? Very Happy

I'll win both.

Daytona = wins awesomeness
my old ninja = wins f&*%ing loud
Back to top Go down
CybaGirl™

CybaGirl™

Female

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 20:41

starkravinglunatic wrote:

What we really should do is arange a SHOW AND SHINE gathering for the members of the forum. It may be worthwhile to make sure we plan it far enough ahead to allow people to shine their bikes and pretty them up a little too.

No point really! As I and the rest of you already know. Dorothy will win hands down!

Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_razz

MoNo_MaN wrote:
RossT wrote:

I'll win both.

Daytona = wins awesomeness
my old ninja = wins f&*%ing loud

Are you sure about that Chris?

BTW I'm talking about the "Daytona = wins awesomeness" part Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_razz ....

In all honesty! I think Clints awesome BMW will win the sound off no questions asked Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin .
Back to top Go down
RossT

RossT

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10 2010, 21:03

Mono,
your old ninja was a hazard to public health. I think our blown, injected, oversize cam, methanol burning drag car wouldn't damage our hearing as much as your old screamer Sad
Back to top Go down
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Male

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11 2010, 13:08

Cybagirl, IMO, yes I'm sure Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

RossT, what? I couldn't hear you properly, I'll just presume you were complicating me Howdy =) - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy =) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy =)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3