NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Howdy =)

Go down 
+9
CybaGirl™
starkravinglunatic
MoNo_MaN
scott
MENACE
b1b2
Kawa Ken
Ed
Manky
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Manky

Manky

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-09-07
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 07:20

First topic message reminder :

So I signed up to the Bathurst run via Facebook and figured I should come and check out where the event originated from and see who else will be on the ride Smile

Howdy all cheers
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
CybaGirl™

CybaGirl™

Number of posts : 1405
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Female

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 13:46

to the forum Smile.

Back to top Go down
http://www.kawariders.com.au
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Number of posts : 3538
Registration date : 2009-03-02
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 14:52

Nice list of mods, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Did you just replace the globes with HID or did you change the high beam/low beam setup? The seperate high beam headlight annoys me, looks stupid with only one light one.

I've been considering crash knobs and the Gel Seat so will be good to see what they look like/feel like on your bike.
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 14:57

Just replaced the globes with a kit from DDMTuning

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Single-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

Running

H7 5000k 35w / low
H9 5000k 55w /high
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 15:17

I'm hoping to get the rearsets back from paint this weekend and then i can put her all back together and grab some piccies to post
Back to top Go down
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 15:43

What colour did you get them painted? I'm thinking of gold for mine (either painted or the giles rearsets) with carbon fibre heel protectors. Maybe gold with a black lever or black with a gold lever.
Back to top Go down
Kawa Ken

Kawa Ken

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-05
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 16:07

Ok you Trumpy guys, get a room!
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 16:25

MoNo_MaN wrote:
What colour did you get them painted? I'm thinking of gold for mine (either painted or the giles rearsets) with carbon fibre heel protectors. Maybe gold with a black lever or black with a gold lever.

Getting them painted black

RidersDiscount via the 675Net forums can do me the Gilles shipped to Aus for US$460 and if I get those I am just thinking of getting them black too. I have slowly been replacing everything that was silver on the bike. Removed the rear pegs the other day as I have the seat cowl and no intentions of having a pillion any time soon
Back to top Go down
Swinnie

Swinnie

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2010-03-21
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 17:49

yes , I'm with Ken.. I feel strangely embarassed to come in here in case I see some special moments between you tyumpy guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pleasuretime.com.au/site/index.php
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 17:50

The seat cowl/no rear pegs makes the bike look so much better. As does a fender elim and a integrated taillight.

I have keep tossing up between replacing the sliver bits with black or gold which is part of the reason I haven't replaced a few parts like the break/clutch levers and rearsets.
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 18:02

Swinnie wrote:
yes , I'm with Ken.. I feel strangely embarassed to come in here in case I see some special moments between you tyumpy guys.

You can watch if we start making out, just don't pics and post them on the net Embarassed

Last edited by Manky on Tue Sep 07 2010, 18:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 18:10

MoNo_MaN wrote:
The seat cowl/no rear pegs makes the bike look so much better. As does a fender elim and a integrated taillight.

I have keep tossing up between replacing the sliver bits with black or gold which is part of the reason I haven't replaced a few parts like the break/clutch levers and rearsets.

The Jardine comes with a FE as you need to remove the heat shield to fit it and it has it's own mounting bracket which doesnt support the fender mount. I have a set of small short stem LEDs that aren't on the bike in these pics, they will mount in the holes that used to support the heat shield which you can see in the first pic just to the left of the wiring harness.

I considered the integrated taillight but they don't seem to be very visible during the daytime which is what held me back from getting one

Howdy =) - Page 2 Img_0610

Howdy =) - Page 2 Img_0611

Howdy =) - Page 2 Img_0612
Back to top Go down
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 18:50

I don't seem to have any trouble with my integrated tail light, its quite bright. I got it from British customs.

Good site, lots of stuff. Pricing is varies. http://www.british-customs.com/
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 19:16

Good to know, might have to put it back on the shopping list
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2009-09-10
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07 2010, 21:47

mmm some good sites there... nice nice can't wait for pay day - overtime hours and pay is now set aside for something heheheh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ozmazdaclub.com
scott

scott

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-09-17
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08 2010, 08:18

Hey if any of u guys dont want your passenger pegs ill take them
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08 2010, 09:13

Sorry scott, I'm keeping them just in case I ever do need/want them back on the bike
Back to top Go down
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08 2010, 09:19

You can grab mine sometime Scott. Maybe let me know when your next in North Sydney in advance and we can meet up for lunch or something.
Back to top Go down
scott

scott

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-09-17
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08 2010, 09:34

Thanks Chris

Sounds like a plan. Dont forget about the powdercoating offer too.
Back to top Go down
RichieRich

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-02
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08 2010, 20:32

Ahh Another Triumph, another rider with taste!

Welcome to the madhouse, A Triumph only ride might be the go once Scottie gets his bike back.

Can vouch for Madss.com giving great prices, actually the cheapest around..Ive got loads of stuff of them.

Welcome mate!

~Richie~
Back to top Go down
CybaGirl™

CybaGirl™

Number of posts : 1405
Registration date : 2009-11-22
Female

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 17:18

Maybe we should consider renaming the site from NSW Riders Forum to NSW Triumph Rider Forum.

As it seems to me these Triumph riders are coming out of the woodwork and they seem to be the ones who are posting the most and I can't batten down the hatches anymore and take them all on Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kawariders.com.au
RossT

RossT

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2009-08-29
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 17:34

It makes me glad that I ride a finely tuned musical instrument that consistently wins world championships and bike of the year accolades......Hail to the Yamaha R1
Back to top Go down
http://www.gulfwestern.com.au
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 17:41

My love of the trumpy is born purely out of ignorance, apart from the Hyosung GT650 I learned to ride on, the D675 is the only bike I've owned. Bought it about 2 months ago now after getting off my Ps and I wouldn't have it any other way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manky

Manky

Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 18:00

I should also add that it's one sexy bike and the sound of a triple can't be beaten Wink
Back to top Go down
Kawa Ken

Kawa Ken

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-05
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 20:07

CybaGirl™ wrote:
Maybe we should consider renaming the site from NSW Riders Forum to NSW Triumph Rider Forum.

As it seems to me these Triumph riders are coming out of the woodwork and they seem to be the ones who are posting the most and I can't batten down the hatches anymore and take them all on Razz.

Don't worry CG I've got your back. The funny thing is an argument was used not that long ago that Trumpys are special because there isn't as many of them, unlike the "Jap Crap" bikes. Now the tables have turned, at least on this forum / group and we are the ones riding more exclusive bikes that all those pommy ones!
Back to top Go down
starkravinglunatic

starkravinglunatic

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-06-19
Male

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09 2010, 20:28

RossT wrote:

It makes me glad that I ride a finely tuned musical instrument that consistently wins world championships and bike of the year accolades......Hail to the Yamaha R1

Here is a picture of the only good Yamaha that sounds good.

Howdy =) - Page 2 20051026_YamahaDX7
Back to top Go down
http://www.starkravinglunatic.info
Sponsored content

Howdy =) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy =)   Howdy =) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy =)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next