NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Introducing myself...

Go down 
+9
Rossco
Greenblood
MoNo_MaN
Kris
jd
DJ cornerman X dream
timmah
Tom
Ace
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-04-23
Male

Introducing myself... Empty
PostSubject: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 08:12

Hi Folks,

Well like a few of you I've just got back in the saddle after many years absence and gone back to my first love! Reached that stage where it made sense to lose 6 cylinders and 2 wheels.

BKing told me about this forum (our kids are both Taekwondo black belts at the same club) and y'all sound like a friendly bunch, so here I am Very Happy.

What bike? Well, I did most of my riding in the 70's (Suzuki's - anyone remember, arguably, the first quick, good handling Japanese "superbike", the GS750?) so it had to be naked. A few years ago I saw my first Buell and said, "I want one of those one day", and finally I have - a 1125CR. Light and quick, way to go. And no chain Wink! (For those of you who are not familiar with Buells you can check it out here).

Look forward to meeting you on a ride soon.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2008-08-17
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 08:25

Hi Ace and welcome to NSWR Smile See you on some rides Basketball
Back to top Go down
timmah

timmah

Number of posts : 1518
Registration date : 2009-04-09
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 08:30

g'day ace. look forward to meeting you on a few rides
Back to top Go down
DJ cornerman X dream

DJ cornerman X dream

Number of posts : 1325
Registration date : 2009-02-16
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 09:23

Welcome ace, theres a few of us here who remember the '70's
Back to top Go down
Ace

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 09:43

Good to hear cornerman that 1. You were around in the 70's and, 2. That you remember them!

I noticed a few members ages are pretty close to mine with similar background stories: young, carefree, bike->wife, kids, responsibilities, car -> mid-life crisis, bike -> old, carefree, wheelchair? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jd

jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 10:05

Welcome Ace,

Looking forward to seeing your Buell on a ride sometime soon.

JD
Back to top Go down
Kris

Kris

Number of posts : 2542
Registration date : 2008-08-19
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 11:58

He Kent welcome.... cheers cheers cheers

Here I got some picture of your bike from HD in Blacktown was it yours now What a Face

Owesome Bike... I haven't seen on the street before... farao

Kris

Introducing myself... Picture113
Back to top Go down
Kris

Kris

Number of posts : 2542
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 12:03

Here I found one more photo that My Misuse like too

Introducing myself... Picture119
Back to top Go down
Ace

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 12:14

LOL, she looks a lot better on it that me!!
Back to top Go down
Ace

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 12:17

BKing wrote:

Here I got some picture of your bike from HD in Blacktown was it yours now What a Face

Owesome Bike... I haven't seen on the street before... farao
Thanks Kris, yeah that's the one I bought. I prefer the black to the red (luckily as it's the only one they had). They have more R models in stock but again I prefer the "naked" CR.

Cheers, Kent
Back to top Go down
MoNo_MaN

MoNo_MaN

Number of posts : 3538
Registration date : 2009-03-02
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 12:30

Welcome Ace

An awesome looking bike you have there, pretty unique style . I bet it looks very aggresive and imposing in person, those vents on the front are very fighter jet Cool

I live in Glenhaven so not too far from you, been up Cattai Ridge Road with the bike yet? I reckon its the best road for riding that is nice and close. Either that the Gorge or Berowra Ferry
Back to top Go down
Ace

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 12:51

Thanks MoNo_MaN - I live in the Duncraig Estate (Glenhaven bridge end) so we are close - your bike shouldn't be too hard to spot on Glenhaven Road either!

The "vents" house the radiators and you either love 'em or hate 'em. The Buell has many other interesting design features which make a lot of sense, eg. the tank ain't a tank - the fuel is in the frame spars (lowers CoG) Cool.

Haven't been along the Cattai Ridge Road yet. Have been getting familiar with the bikes handling on Bells Line of Road a couple of times and up to Wisemans Ferry (still running it in).
Back to top Go down
Greenblood

Greenblood

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2009-02-19
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 13:10

Welcome Ace, nice ride, something a little different. Eyes peeled ride safe Smile
Back to top Go down
Rossco

Rossco

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2009-03-31
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 16:29

Welcome aboard ACE hope to see you on the next ride cheers
Back to top Go down
http://black12345@optusnet.com.au
Michael

Michael

Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2008-10-28
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 16:48

Welcome Ace, can't wait to see the bike in person.
I also fell for the Buell when they came out, but sadly never owned one Crying or Very sad .
Fell in Love with the MT01 a couple of years ago, still playing the right notes for me Laughing .

P.S added your name to the list for the 23rd, Suspension day.

Cya cheers
Back to top Go down
(ZIP)Ty

(ZIP)Ty

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 17:47

Hi Ace welcome
Nice ride can't wait to see it in person and you as well. lol!
Hope to see you on future rides.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 17:53

hi ace welcome see you on a ride soon
Back to top Go down
Ace

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 18:08

Michael wrote:

added your name to the list for the 23rd, Suspension day.
Thanks Michael, I'll see you then for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 18:10

All posters wrote:

Hope to see you on future rides.
Thank you one and all!
Back to top Go down
b1b2

b1b2

Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2008-08-05
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 20:10

heeey we never had a caffe racer here - welcome!
stylewise its like the US interpretation of a B-King - both has some presence.
hopefully you could get BKing(Kris) to get out more on a ride Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.it
Mark

Mark

Number of posts : 556
Male

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23 2009, 23:13

Welcome Ace glad to have you aboard Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24 2009, 08:35

hey ace.
cool ride.
welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself...   Introducing myself... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself...
Page 1 of 1