NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
    Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Hey from Orange!

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    EightySix

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2014-08-20
    Male

Hey from Orange! Empty
    PostSubject: Hey from Orange!   Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 19:56

Hey all, thought I'd say g'day!

I'm a member of a few forums, but it never hurts to find a few more and get to know some folk. I'm fairly new to riding, tried it on and off for a few years but for many reasons never really got into it, which changed in November 2012 when I bought a little Postie for commuting which I absolutely loved.

She's parked in the garage, but I've not so long ago bought an old Virago 1100, which suits me to a t! I haven't been riding too much with the crappy weather out here, but I'm looking forward to getting some miles under my belt soon!
    Back to top Go down
    Ed
    Admin
    Ed

Number of posts : 6600
    Registration date : 2008-08-04
    Male

Hey from Orange! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 22:35

Welcome Josh, you'd be finding it cold at Orange lately.

You will find a lot of information from the folk here, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Re being new to riding, there is a great link at the Motorcycle Council of NSW site (we are a member club of the MCC of NSW) called 'Rider risk Videos'. Here is the link:

http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/a/332.html

Another bonus from being a MCC of NSW member club is having access to discounted CTP through Monaland Insurance provided you are over 30. Check the Monaland site @:

https://www.monaland.com.au/nswmcc.html

Stay safe.
    Back to top Go down
    jd

jd

Number of posts : 2927
    Registration date : 2009-02-06
    Male

Hey from Orange! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 04:27

Ed wrote:
    Welcome Josh, you'd be finding it cold at Orange lately.

Welcome Josh! I used to live and work in Orange... man, I don't miss those cold, frosty mornings! Hope to see you and the Virago out and about when things warm up (a ride to Mount Panorama is drafted for mid-Oct).

JD
    Back to top Go down

Hey from Orange! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 04:48

Welcome Josh, we'll be out at Oconnell Pub for lunch at the long weekend in October.
    Come say hi if you have time.
    Back to top Go down
    EightySix

Male

Hey from Orange! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 18:28

Hey Ed, thanks very much for that link though I think I’ve seen a fair few of those videos on Youtube? I’ve got to admit I’m quite comfortable riding around town but I just haven’t got out of town enough to feel comfortable with corners yet, but practice makes perfect and I’ll take it easy to begin with, I’m no speed freak which is something that plays in my favour (or so I think anyway). Unfortunately for me I’m not quite yet 30, which is screwing me on all fronts as far as insurance is concerned - never mind the only fine I have ever received is a single bloody parking ticket!

JD, it’s a real bugger for riding at this time of the year, I get up in the morning with the intention to ride but end up sitting in my car instead, but come 5PM and knock-off I wish I’d ridden the bike! That said, the cold weather in winter is much preferable to hot weather in Summer, I’m a hefty bloke and I hate the heat!

ChucknCath, that sounds great, now that I’m no longer working shift work (as of 3 weeks ago) it’s going to be a lot easier to commit to things like that, shoot me a message closer to the date and I’ll see what I can do - it would be good to make friends with some riders, only a few acquantences of mine ride and they aren’t too keen on hanging out with a bloke on a Virago, seem to think I wouldn’t be able to keep up!

Back to top Go down

Hey from Orange! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 19:16

Josh it's part of a group ride were doing on the October long weekend.

CLICK HERE. for details
    Back to top Go down
    EightySix

Male

Hey from Orange! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Hey from Orange! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 20:41

Thanks for that Charlie, looks like I'm on the wrong bloody end of things but I'll still try to get out that way for a meet up!
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Hey from Orange! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Hey from Orange!   Hey from Orange! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey from Orange!
    Page 1 of 1