NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

New rider and member :-)

Go down 
+2
gixer04
NinjaChick300
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NinjaChick300

NinjaChick300

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-04-14
Female

New rider and member :-) Empty
PostSubject: New rider and member :-)   New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 11:17

Hi all,

I am a brand new rider, I have just bought myself a Ninja 300 ABS which should be arriving at my doorstep in the next few days, so when it does I will post a pic.

I have mainly joined for tips and tricks on bike riding and also to join a few rides when I get more confident.

My partner is currently deployed, when he gets back in June he will be learning how to ride as well so we can cruise together. He will no doubt be buying a bike about the same time as well.

Any advice will be welcomed and I look forward to chatting with you all. :-)
Back to top Go down
gixer04

gixer04

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2011-01-16
Male

PostSubject: Re: New rider and member :-)   New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 11:36

welcome Sammy,
some tips I got told , ride in your comfort zone and to your ability as you get more and more ks up your riding will improve.

never assume that every road user has seen you

try to be aware of what is going on with traffic in front of you behind and the sides of you

wear all the gear all the time(helmet ,jacket, boots, gloves)

if you have any questions the fellow riders here will be only to pleased to answer them.

hope to meet you and your partner soon,
take care, be careful, cheers
Back to top Go down
LegendayB

LegendayB

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-03-13
Male

PostSubject: Re: New rider and member :-)   New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 12:29

Welcome to the fourm, looking forward to seeing you both on future rides.
Bruce pretty much said it all.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin
Ed

Number of posts : 6600
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: New rider and member :-)   New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 15:40

Welcome to the site Sammy.

NSW Riders is an active member of the Motorcycle Council of NSW. The MCC has a very good series of rider risk videos that are accessable from the following link on their website. The videos are well acclaimed in Australia and overseas. I encourage you both to view them.

http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/a/332.html

Check the following link on rider training also:

http://www.roadsafety.mccofnsw.org.au/a/33.html

A feature of our main rides is that we have a ride leader, corner markers showing the way and a tail end charlie ensuring that all riders are safe and remain with the group. Learners and P Platers are very welcome on our rides. Having said that, some rides may not suit a learners ability and experience, usually because of distance, but that would be mentioned at the time of posting.

We have an overnight ride in May to Neville, which is about an hour or so from Bathurst. It's always a great social weekend, so if you are interested, let me know, you'd be most welcome.

I hope your partner returns from his deployment safely and we see you both on many rides.
As Bruce said, if you have questions, just ask. They are a helpful bunch of ppl here. Look forward to seeing pics of the new ride.

Ed
Back to top Go down
jd

jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: New rider and member :-)   New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 15:50

Welcome Sammie!

Others have already said most of it, but my advice is to let yourself learn - don't be in a hurry to know everything or be a pro right away. Almost everything motorcycle related comes with personal experience & advice from others.

Keep an eye on the events page of NSW Riders, come along when you can & feel free to ask any questions of the member body - chances are you'll ask a question someone else has, too. And people are happy to help.

Cheers
JD
Back to top Go down
NinjaChick300

NinjaChick300

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-04-14
Female

PostSubject: Re: New rider and member :-)   New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 19:59

Thanks guys, I have been reading around and I have watched a few videos on YouTube, especially the rider risk ones. I just have to put it all into practice when my bike arrives (hopefully tomorrow!!). I am definitely a more cautious rider at the moment, I am only going to be riding on back streets for a while until I get the hang of it. I don't want to rush out there and get in a crash that destroys me and my bike.

Hope to see you all around and thanks for the welcome :-)
Back to top Go down
stew066

stew066

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2009-03-02
Male

PostSubject: Re: New rider and member :-)   New rider and member :-) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 21:44

Welcome Sammy, just take your time everything will fall into place eventually. Lotsa good guys and girls here always happy to offer advice, tips on riding. Nice bike choice by the way with the Ninja, Smile If you want to read stuff or spend the money on DVD try having a look for Keith Code stuff or Californian superbike school a lot of useful info there. Most of all just have fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rider and member :-)   New rider and member :-) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rider and member :-)
Page 1 of 1