NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Gday all from Northern Beaches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trent87

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-12
Male

Gday all from Northern Beaches Empty
PostSubject: Gday all from Northern Beaches   Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 21:13

Currently without a bike, just arrived back from overseas, looking for a new ride and people to open the throttle with ha ha
Back to top Go down
logana

logana

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-07-09
Male

PostSubject: Re: Gday all from Northern Beaches   Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 21:32

Welcome Trent.

This is a great riding group to hang out with and I'm sure someone will have a bike for sale. What type of bike are you after?
Back to top Go down
Mindy13

Mindy13

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2012-02-20
Female

PostSubject: Re: Gday all from Northern Beaches   Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 21:51

Hi Trent!! Very Happy

logana wrote:
What type of bike are you after?

Learner legal or you on your full licence?
Back to top Go down
http://sweetestablishment.com.au/
Ed
Admin
Ed

Number of posts : 6600
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Gday all from Northern Beaches   Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 01:31

Welcome Trent. Want help choosing. Just ask. people here would be happy to advise.
Back to top Go down
Trent87

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gday all from Northern Beaches   Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 12:55

Hey All,

Im on my full license.Looking for a Harley 48 or nightster.Would absolutely love a Ducati but the funds won't let me.I'm 6"5' and some other people have said I look too big for a sportster.Anyone have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
b1b2

b1b2

Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2008-08-05
Male

PostSubject: Re: Gday all from Northern Beaches   Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 16:42

welcome!
the 48 is def a looker!
but more importantly do you feel the bikes too small/too low for you?
when you jump to the next size up (softail/ dyna/ vrod) is it more comfortable?
would u be touring often on this one(with the 7.9Lt tank capacity)?
I had an xr-1200 which has the same 100Nm output as 48; was the right size for me but im 73kg & 5' 6". it was between the xr and Nightster that time but was turned off by Nightsters 12.5Lt tank and no room for luggage/pillion
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.it
Trent87

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gday all from Northern Beaches   Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 19:18

no I felt comfortable with the forward controls but the bloke in the store said I made it look small.I mainly would be doing short trips and not a great deal of touring nor would I have a pillion,the small tank is a bit off putting on the 48 but I just love the look of them black engine etc.I didnt know the nightster tank was larger than the 48, I thought they both had the same peanut tank capacity??I think the 48 is a good basis for customising, tank lifts etc etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gday all from Northern Beaches   Gday all from Northern Beaches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gday all from Northern Beaches
Page 1 of 1