NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Noob from Forbes

Go down 
+3
12gauge
jd
pointstare
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pointstare

pointstare

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-09-09
Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29 2012, 19:35

Hi everyone, Pointstare from Forbes here. My car broke down a couple of months ago forcing me back onto a bicycle. Yes it was a sad day for an unfit father of two but "Thems the breaks!", right? Wrong. I am 29 years old and havn't ridden a Motorcycle for more than about 5 minutes in my entire life until a week ago. I woke up one morning and thought "Today I shall get my L's" and so two days later I was organising time off work to find something to attach those embarrassing yellow squares to. I joined this forum to find some useful information on how best to go about my new found interest and have nothing but good information and opinions offered by the experienced riders on this forum. If you you have read this far I hope I havn't bored you to much. Thanks for all the tips guys and I hope to sign up for a group ride in the near future after I get some kms under my new wheels.
Back to top Go down
jd

jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 03:14

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind comments Smile

Good luck with yor journey learning to ride. It's a life skill which you'll never forget.
Back to top Go down
12gauge

12gauge

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-03-18
Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 06:29

Welcome aboard Ron, you're never too old to learn. Although you have a HUGE advantage over the guys in Sydney as you don't have as many homicidal maniacs trying to crush you on the roads out there...... Although the ones you have usually use HUGE bull bars..... Swings & roundabouts I guess. But I'm sure in a few months, you'll realise it's all worth it. Very Happy

Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if you think they're stupid questions, we have plenty of stupid people here that can answer them! (Well one at least...) Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
gixer04

gixer04

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2011-01-16
Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2012, 06:43

welcome pointstare,
your new found interest will become more and more fun as the kms tick over,
enjoy your new bike , take care, be safe.
Back to top Go down
12gauge

12gauge

Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 06:36

HEY, your avatar isn't a pic of what happened to your car is it?? affraid

Some people have enjoyment all their lives, & some have it thrust upon them..... You'll soon realise what you've been missing out on all these years. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Greenblood

Greenblood

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2009-02-19
Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 19:28

Welcome Ron,

That happened to me about the same age..........only I had years of dirt riding behind me.

I have seen lots of things since then, and all of them memorable........um except for that highside!............hmmmm.

Anyway don't forget riding is all about fun!

The first "good information" I will share with you is.........yes 12guage has a pink bike! geek
Back to top Go down
12gauge

12gauge

Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02 2012, 06:57

At the moment I have a Pink paper weight!!! Sad

Oh & IT'S NOT PINK!!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Georgey

Georgey

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2011-02-09
Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02 2012, 18:59

Finally someone with the same skills as myself cheers . Welcome Ron and sorry if you have to meet me clown
Back to top Go down
Kris

Kris

Number of posts : 2542
Registration date : 2008-08-19
Male

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 22:31

Hi Welcome to the forum.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Noob from Forbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noob from Forbes   Noob from Forbes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noob from Forbes
Page 1 of 1