NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

hi - weekend rider here

Go down 
+2
Ed
b1b2
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
b1b2

b1b2

Number of posts : 3510
Registration date : 2008-08-05
Male

hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2008, 11:08

First topic message reminder :

hi Rudi here, Ive been riding with hrca for almost a year now. I loved it cos I got to see similar bike as mine and other Honda that id like to have one day.

I only ride weekends (or occasional quick trip to MCAS during lunch). Ive been riding for 7yrs with occasional track days, around 3-4x a year. The trackday with HRCA is particularly good as you can have a free session on their CBR600RR and NEW Fireblade fleet ($2000 Excess if youre unfortunate enough to crash it).

Ive meet some ppl with the same interest & pace from hrca, then we do our own smaller group rides with riders who live nearby. Then it branched out to track days and even buying bike/riding gear in a group Laughing

So, few of us are doing E-Creek trackday on Satdy 30th Aug(check weather first).
Please register at www.nswrats.com for group discount of $175 incl.lunch (instead of $199) or directly to them at http://www.easterncreekridedays.com.au.
Dont wanna risk your bike? then hire one of their GSXR-600.
Spectators & firstimers welcome too! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.it

AuthorMessage
lucas001

lucas001

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 11:36

you're welcome to try Very Happy
B1B2 wrote:
RHS with lowered peg like youve showed?
should be piece of cake too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 11:38

B1B2 wrote:
lucas001 wrote:
hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 261008JPM_0878

Cool
I have one too!
Kneedown is overrated, very easy to do as I found out.

try it on a cruiser. hehe
Back to top Go down
b1b2

b1b2

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 11:41

Dont u know that for cruisers we have Heel-Down?
Its very easy to do too!
As easy as KD.
Back to top Go down
VFR

VFR

Number of posts : 3762
Registration date : 2008-08-17
Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 11:56

i cant go to the creek, i dont have full leathers, only jeans and dririder jacket
Back to top Go down
Track Pimpin'

Track Pimpin'

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-10-30
Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:01

VFR800 wrote:
i cant go to the creek, i dont have full leathers, only jeans and dririder jacket
You can rent a set of full leathers there. I'm not sure about the boots though. You really should have a good pair anyway, so if you don't have it yet might be a good excuse!! I must warn you though: Once you hit the track there's no coming back! Cool
Back to top Go down
lucas001

lucas001

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:04

unless you crash in the first session as I saw a few people. LOL

Track Pimpin' wrote:
VFR800 wrote:
You can rent a set of full leathers there. I'm not sure about the boots though. You really should have a good pair anyway, so if you don't have it yet might be a good excuse!! I must warn you though: Once you hit the track there's no coming back! Cool
Back to top Go down
VFR

VFR

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:09

yeh ive been meaning to get a full set of leathers and boots (i have offroad ones but not road ones)
but the trip i just got back on cost me a lot more than i had planned No so i need to save up a bit
Back to top Go down
Track Pimpin'

Track Pimpin'

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:11

lucas001 wrote:
unless you crash in the first session as I saw a few people. LOL

Track Pimpin' wrote:
VFR800 wrote:

That only happens if you have a VR46 complex and think that you can go out in the track on your first session and set a benchmark laptime. Take it EZ and you'll be sweet. Sweet and hooked! lol!
Back to top Go down
rob

rob

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-10-13
Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:11

when i get my new bike im ganna get some of those jackets and pants like the actual leather ones and some new boots ( i hate my boots Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Track Pimpin'

Track Pimpin'

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:12

VFR800 wrote:
yeh ive been meaning to get a full set of leathers and boots (i have offroad ones but not road ones)
but the trip i just got back on cost me a lot more than i had planned No so i need to save up a bit
I had a small spill (like 20-25km/h) wearing running shoes and let me tell you, there was no running for at least a month!!! A decent pair of boots is second only to a good helmet imo.
Back to top Go down
rob

rob

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-10-13
Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:14

yeh i have some globe shoes on the way home from work 1 morning and the road was still wet from the night and i came off on the roundabout and lemme tell ya it was not fun =P
Back to top Go down
VFR

VFR

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:18

Track Pimpin' wrote:
VFR800 wrote:
I had a small spill (like 20-25km/h) wearing running shoes and let me tell you, there was no running for at least a month!!! A decent pair of boots is second only to a good helmet imo.

i wouldnt wear running shoes affraid

i do wear boots now, just leather work boots... yeh not as good as a propper pair of boots but its the best i have for now.
Back to top Go down
VFR

VFR

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:19

as soon as funds permit, il be getting a full suit and boots Basketball
Back to top Go down
Track Pimpin'

Track Pimpin'

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:28

VFR800 wrote:
Track Pimpin' wrote:
VFR800 wrote:

i wouldnt wear running shoes affraid

i do wear boots now, just leather work boots... yeh not as good as a propper pair of boots but its the best i have for now.

Just don't wear the steel cap ones! That thing is LETHAL to your feet in the case of fall... I've seen some nasty pixs of that!! pale
Back to top Go down
b1b2

b1b2

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:28

VFR800 wrote:

Matt,
Just do O/Park on 13th, Dragins & DriRider jacket are allowed there in Group D/Firstimers.

Only $33/15 mins session and you can do as many or as little session in the morning/ afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Track Pimpin'

Track Pimpin'

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2008, 12:32

B1B2 wrote:
VFR800 wrote:

Matt,
Just do O/Park on 13th, Dragins & DriRider jacket are allowed there in Group D/Firstimers.

Only $33/15 mins session and you can do as many or as little session in the morning/ afternoon.

He'll still need boots and (long) gloves for that. I did my first TD at OP wearing Draggins and a leather jacket. Looking back now, I feel like it was a bad idea. OP is a low speed circuit for most part, you'll be travelling under 80km/h on 80-85% of the track. But if you happen to crash at the other 15-20% you're screwed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hi - weekend rider here   hi - weekend rider here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi - weekend rider here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2