NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Welcome to the NSW Riders Forum. Please enter your member details to Login. If this is your first time to the site, you need to register to gain access. Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming you.

Please read and adhere to the Forum Rules, Disclaimer, Guidelines and Conditions. We hope you enjoy the Forum.

Disclaimer All riders are responsible for their Own Actions and Conduct, Ride to Survive

NSW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Riders

Created by riders for riders, to discuss and organise rides, social gatherings & events

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  B O M Weather MapB O M Weather Map  NSW Meeting Places NSW Meeting Places  
Similar topics
Latest topics
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:12 by Postie92

» New rider with a business
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 20:39 by RossT

» New member from Beecroft
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 14:57 by gdayjr

» New (old) Member Re-Joining
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 19:52 by jalalski

» New to Sydney, no bike yet
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 10:31 by kurviger

» New young rider in Sydney
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 00:56 by Tomosapien

» Purchasing Oil from Gulf Western Oil
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26 2017, 19:37 by BOB88R

» New to Bikes
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 16:17 by chuckchunder

» New member from The Illawarra
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 11:09 by Pete

» Return to the fold
Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 07:42 by Ed

Hello from the Hunter Valley

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Satts

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-03-04
Male

Hello from the Hunter Valley Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the Hunter Valley   Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 09:16

Greetings all, just signed up thought I'd better introduce myself. Looks like a fantastic site with plenty going on.
I'm Jordan, 27 and live in Maitland. Curretly riding a Thruxton, previously had a Fireblade, and have got a few vintage Nortons on the go. Love to get out on the weekend, wether it be a blast down to wisemans or a quick loop through Dungog.
Looking forward to getting on a few rides and meeting up with some of you folks. See yas soon
Back to top Go down
Darkarcher13

Darkarcher13

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-11-05
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Hunter Valley   Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 10:05

Welcome to the site hope to see you out on the road soon.
Back to top Go down
jd

jd

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Hunter Valley   Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 15:09

Welcome Jordan!
Back to top Go down
Ed
Admin
Ed

Number of posts : 6600
Registration date : 2008-08-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Hunter Valley   Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 19:07

Welcome. You have some great roads up your way to ride. Hope to see you soon.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2009-07-12
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Hunter Valley   Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 19:09

Welcome aboard Jordan. What year/model Norton(s) are you working on?
Back to top Go down
Satts

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-03-04
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Hunter Valley   Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 18:37

Cheers for the welcomes. Pete, I've got a '49 es2 500 going back together, almost done, and a featherbed inter project which is just parts at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2009-07-12
Male

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Hunter Valley   Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 21:25

Very cool! I was for a time the owner of a beautifully restored 1954 ES2 my dad built from bits over a period of many years and then left to me when following his death. Unfortunately, the bike was in NZ and I seldom saw it or rode it and ultimately (very reluctantly) sold it and returned the proceeds to my mum. A lot of time and money had been invested in the bike by my dad and it had to a large extent been possible as a result of her sacrifice.

It was my dad's 2nd resto, the first being a 350cc single 1927 Harley Davidson he had found under a hedge on a farm - totally rusted out and picked it up for around $50. Was a 10 year labour of love but the result as awesome. Was one of the first motorcycles I rode as a kid and earned my dad several awards although it was ridden many miles too - not just a show pony - plenty with me riding on the back carrier (with no rear suspension!).

Love to see some pics of the ES2 some time if you get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Hunter Valley   Hello from the Hunter Valley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Hunter Valley
Page 1 of 1